Eco-Comedy Video Competition 2013
Eco-Comedy Video Competition
** $1,000 Prize **
The contest is open to anyone who prepares a short, funny video for YouTube, which communicates a clear message about climate change.
- Be humorous!
- Address the issue of climate change. We are interpreting the topic very broadly, so it includes topics like disasters, fossil fuels, clean energy, wildlife (like polar bears), politics, deniers, and so on.
- Reach a broad audience.
- Be an original production.
- Be less than three minutes (including titles and credits).
- Posted to Eco-Comedy Video Competition 2013 YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/ecocomedy2013.
- Submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time Zone on Friday, March 1, 2013.
There will be six judges representing the Center for Environmental Filmmaking, Sierra Club, the US Environmental Protection Agency, Mill Reef Productions, and EcoSense. The decision of the judges is final. Awards are based on overall merit of the entries. Judges reserve the right not to grant an award. The organizations listed above reserve the right to post submissions on their websites.
Submissions that are not received by Friday, March 1, 2013 will not be accepted. The winner will be announced at American University on Tuesday, March 19 at the DC Environmental Film Festival at 7:00pm in the Wechsler Theater.
For more information regarding submission guidelines and contest rules, visit: http://www.american.edu/soc/cef/eco-comedy-film-competition.cfm
Questions may be addressed to me at email@example.com.
Professor Chris Palmer
Author of Shooting in the Wild: An Insider’s Account of Making Movies in the Animal Kingdom (Sierra Club Books, 2010)
Distinguished Film Producer in Residence
Director, Center for Environmental Filmmaking
American University School of Communication
Center website: www.environmentalfilm.org